You should be able to connect on a computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. If you’re using a computer/laptop and it does not have a built-in camera, connect a web-cam. If it does not have a built-in mic, connect a headset/mic combo.
You might want to print this page, so you can read it easily while going through the set up process on your device.
TESTING IT OUT/SETTING IT UP
- Click on this TEST link: https://tinyurl.com/re4rr7k. If it asks for a password, use this: 151129. This link is ONLY for testing purposes. On the day of the audition, you need to use the link in the e-mail we sent when you scheduled the audition.
- You should be prompted to install the ZOOM app or a ZOOM extension of your browser. Please click OK or OPEN and complete the process of installing. It should not take very long – it’s a small app.
- If at any point it asks for permission to use your computer’s camera and microphones, please “allow” or “accept” it.
- Once the app or extension is installed, you might need to click on the above link again if you’re not automatically sent to the video session.
- FOR COMPUTERS/LAPTOPS: It might also ask to JOIN WITH AUDIO and JOIN WITH VIDEO, or something of that sort – please click that, so that you’re connected with everything.
- FOR TABLETS/PHONES: It might ask to “CALL VIA DEVICE AUDIO” or “DIAL IN”. Select “CALL VIA DEVICE AUDIO. You should also see a Video Button at the button – if it’s red, it should say “START VIDEO”. Click on this to enable the video.
By now, you should be on a page where it displays the audition date and time. No matter when your audition is scheduled, the date and time displayed for this test link will be 4/13/2020 at 7:00am. This is correct.
This will be as far as you can get in the set-up process. You should be set to go for the actual audition. You can close out of everything for now.
If you had any problems, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you through it.
CONNECTING FOR YOUR AUDITION
Please plan on connecting to the audition 5 or 10 minutes before your scheduled time. If using a computer or laptop, make sure the web-cam and microphone are connected (if they’re not built-in).
Follow the directions in the e-mail we sent. You will be connected to “Jeffrey Smith’s Personal Meeting Room”. It might say something about “Logging in” if you’re the host. We are the host, so you will not be able to log in; just wait until we are ready for the audition. Once we are ready, you will then be automatically connected to the video session.
You will be asked similar questions (open Zoom, allow access to camera, Start with Video, etc.). Please allow all and make sure that after you enter the session you connect the audio and video (see the buttons at the bottom of the screen). For tablets/phones, use “Call via Device Audio”.